Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Million Miles In A Thousand Years

"A Million Miles In A Thousand Years" by Donald Miller is the best book I have ever read.

It has inspired me to make a story. Or at least ponder what I want my story to look like. Challenged to make moments memorable. How will I do this? I don't know. I could spend time hanging out with the guys from the rehab house. I could share the Gospel with them. I could ask that girl to coffee. I could mentor some middle school students. I could have more deep talks with my roomates. I could take a trip, I dont know where but just take one. Or I could continue to play out the scenarios in my mind of what those would look like along with their outcomes.

I dont know why I am prone to watch these moments pass by. Part of the book was that Satan throws every obstacle in the way to prevent you from making a good story. Fear of man is definitely my greatest opponent in story making. I trick myself into believing that its wisdom and patience. I cant discern when the wisdom and patience end and where the fear and sin begin.

Ive decided that I want to write a book. But first. I must make a story. I must search why my "writer's block" is the way that it is. Then I must write daily. On page and on lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment