Monday, September 20, 2010

Take Off Your Shoes, Stay A While


My weekend was AWESOME! Saturday I was picked up by my Aunt Kaytie and was taken to her Aunt Peggy's house to answer questions about Jesus and the Bible. I was there for 4 hours! It was wonderful! Some of the questions they asked me were:

-Who made God?
-When God says "let us make man in our image" who else is He talking to?
-How good do I need to be to get to heaven?
-How will God judge my sin?
-What makes other people's prayers more important than mine?

and there were many more. It was a great time, I told them to read Romans and let me know if they ever have anymore questions. Aunt Kaytie contacted me again today because she has a lot more questions, so we are hanging again this Saturday.

After getting back I went to Whitworth with my friend Megan to find sources for our Old Testament paper. Then the fun began. A bunch of us Moody students and Jeremy, Hol, and Lauren got dressed up and went salsa dancing downtown. It was a lot of fun! Afterwards I went to the satellite diner with Jer, Hol, and Lauren. We talked life and church and ministry, great stuff. Met back up with my Moody friends at the bowling alley and bowled until 1 am. Im still no good at it! (the picture above is of us at the bowling alley)

Today I woke up and went to Faith Bible Church. It was a great experience and had really solid teaching and worship. After coming home and eating dinner we went and did cookies again today. I met a 45 year old man named Mike who lives in the sobriety house who invited us in and told us about his faith. He explained to us that he has always seen options in his life of following God or following his desires (playing basketball, smoking weed, having sex) and he always chose his desires. Now he would like to do the opposite. I hope God shows me how I can assist him.

2 things Mike said to me that stuck out.
1. Whatever you want to be, be it today.
2. There are 3 types of people in the world.
a) People in Egypt
b) People in the wilderness
c) People in the Promise Land
Which one are you?

My advice to you, If you are "c", realize where you are at, take off your shoes, and stay a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment