Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Change of Pace

I haven't posted in quite a while. I figured I would change the pace of this blog as more of a "here's what has been going on lately in my life" kind of thing. I will post any deep thoughts and things God has been teaching me lately as well.

Where to start? Last weekend was great! I went to Riverview Bible Camp for the Moody Retreat. It was a great time to get to know people and hear how God has brought them to the northwest and what they feel like they are called to do with their life. I got the opportunity to share my testimony with a few people, which is always sweet because it reminds me of where God has brought me.

Pastor Matt Jensen (U District Pastor of Mars Hill Church) was the speaker at the retreat. He spoke about worship and living missionally and it was very convicting. During his worship talk I just felt convicted about my pessimism when it comes to looking at why other people are here at bible college and was just hit with a saying "It's Not About Me." This is something I need to keep remembering.

During the missional talk God told me "I have a special call for you" "You will be a church planter" and "Do cookies at two certain houses." I went up to thank Pastor Matt after his talk and told him what God said to me. He invited me to come to the Acts 29 bootcamp in Seattle in two weeks and he would take care of it. WHAT?! I am so blessed! I feel like the bat boy who just got asked to play in the world series! So humbling!

My housemates + Hannah went and did cookies to the two houses on sunday (baked cookies and took them to people's homes). Next door are three girls named Nevaeh, Nikell, and Unique. We also went to the other house down the street, which turned out to be a sober living house. 7 ex drug addicts or felons, living in a house to get their lives straight. We stayed and talked to Jersey (one of the guys) for two hours. God is moving in Spokane. I am pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment