Monday, August 23, 2010

"Not deciding is deciding"

10So you also, when you have done all that you were commanded, say, 'We are unworthy servants; we have only done what was our duty.'" (Luke 17:10)

This is something my heart needs constant reminder of. My good deeds are me following instructions, not me going out of my way to do something above and beyond my call. My call is a mandate to go above and beyond the world's call, always.

1And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. (Luke 18:1)

7And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? 8I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?" (Luke 18:7-8)

I feel like God is constantly pointing this out to me. He wants to give me things! I dont ask. I dont pray near as much as I should. I hope that this school year God will continually press on my heart this facet of our relationship that is definitely the weakest.

29And he said to them, "Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God,30who will not receive many times more in this time, and in the age to come eternal life."
(Luke 18:29-30)

One of the most comforting verses I've read in a while. Moving out and gaining so much responsibility has been super tough and its just going to get harder in the coming weeks. This points to the greater purpose of why I am going through these things and where its going to lead me.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for speaking to me. Thank you for your love and grace. I love you so much. I am so unworthy. You are holy. Please continually remind my heart of the truths that you have been continually teaching my heart lately. Plase draw me into a greater prayer life with you. Please be with this week and sllow me to find some new friends and provide a new excitement about learning more about you. Please be with my family. Please protect me from the enemy. Please provide me with a church that You have me serving in. I love you.
Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment