Saturday, August 21, 2010

Doubt, Pursuit of Holiness, and Fear of Men

25He said to them, "Where is your faith?" And they were afraid, and they marveled, saying to one another, "Who then is this, that he commands even winds and water, and they obey him?"(Luke 8:25)

This is why I should fear God. He is over creation, therefore creation has to obey Him. Another thing about this is that I feel like this happens all of the time in my spiritual life. Things will look super hard and God will calm the seas and ask me where my faith is at.

44She came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment, and immediately her discharge of blood ceased.(Luke 8:44)

Like the crowds pressing in on Jesus many experience Jesus in their lifetime, but it takes someone reaching out intentionally for Jesus for life change to happen. People dont stumble into healing and redemption.

26For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.(Luke 9:26)

I suck. I am ashamed to do evangelism out of fear of men and what they will think of me. I need this to be changed.

Dear Lord,
I am so sorry.I am so unworthy of You. Please help me share my faith. Please help me not be afraid to share you and please dont be ashamed of me. I love you. Im sorry.
Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment